Tuesday, November 13, 2007
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know the better chance we could survive.
A cardiologist says if everyone who reads this message sends it to 10 people, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life. Read this & Send the link to a friend. It could save a life. So, please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
The mosquito control technique but instead of using Lemon Fresh Joy, I used Harimau Kuat Lemon flavoured dish wash liquid (yellow bottle and about RM2.80) and..... it actually works. It's cheap and non poisonous like Ridsect of Fumakilla and the others.
Finally, found this simple home tip:-
You have a lot of mosquitoes in your bedroom? Try this.
Mosquito Treatment: So you don't like those pesky mosquitoes. Here's a tip that was given at a recent gardening forum. Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of Lemon Fr R. Set the dish on your porch, patio, picnic table, park bench, or other outdoor area. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white plate colour, or what.
BUT ... mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet
of the plate.
TRY IT--- it works just superb! It may seem trivial, but it may also help to control mosquitoes around your home, (especially in areas where the West Nile virus is reaching epidemic proportions in mosquitoes, birds and humans).
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
We all carry our mobile phones with hundreds of names/numbers stored in its memory but yet nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our near and dear ones?
In case we are involved in an accident or had a heart attack and the people attending us get hold of our mobile phone but don't know which number to call to inform our family members. Yes, there are many numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency?
For this reason, we must have one or more telephone numbers stored under the name ICE (In case of Emergency) in our mobile phones. ICE (In case of Emergency)
Recently, the concept of 'ICE' is catching up quickly. It is simple, an important method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by majority of the population, just store the number of a contact person or person who should be contacted at during emergency as ICE' (meaning In Case of Emergency).
The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the scenes of accident, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call.
He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose.
Following a disaster in London, the East Anglican Ambulance Service has launched a national 'In case of Emergency (ICE)' campaign. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by simply dialing the number stored as 'ICE'.
Please forward this. It won't take too many 'forwards' before every body will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!
Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our mobile phones today! Please forward to your all nearest and dearest. Thanks!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Smart man + smart woman = romance
Smart man + dumb woman = affair
Dumb man + smart woman = marriage
Dumb man + dumb woman = pregnancy
Smart boss + smart employee = profit
Smart boss + dumb employee = production
Dumb boss + smart employee = promotion
Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime
A man will pay $20 for a $10 item he needs.
A woman will pay $10 for a $20 item that she doesn't need.
GENERAL EQUATIONS & STATISTICS
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
To be happy with a man, you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.
Married men live longer than single men do, but married men are a lot more willing to die.
PROPENSITY TO CHANGE
A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, and she does.
A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal, but about heart attacks. This makes sense...the Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals...not cold water...maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain...
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine.Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
A serious note about heart attacks: You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line. You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware.
The more we know, the better chance we could survive...
2. Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?
3. If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
4. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
5. Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
6. Why the man who invests all your money called a broker?
7. If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to Make terrible?
8. Why is it called building when it is already built?
9. If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
10. If you're not supposed to drink and drive, then why do Bars have parking lots?
11. If you take an Oriental person and spin him around Several times, does he become disoriented?
12. If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?? Human ???
13. If working hours are meant for working, then why are you reading this???
Get Back to WORK!
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is 'Das Beste oder Nichts' meaning 'the best or nothing'.
6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.
9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
11. Dalmatians are born without spots.
12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
13. The 'v' in the name of a court case does not stand for 'versus', but for 'and' (in civil proceedings) or 'against' (in criminal proceedings)
14. Men's shirts have the buttons on the right, but women's shirts have the buttons on the left
15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids
16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it's already been digested by a bee
17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks
18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones
19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die
20. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart
21. The verb "cleave" is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate
22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red
23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red
24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor
25. The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney
26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros
27. Switching letters is called spoonerism. For example, saying jag of Flapan, instead of flag of Japan
28. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it
29. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples < http://attitude.com.pk/>
30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower
31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting
32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death
33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body
34. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets
35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game
36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air
37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die
38. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is smiling).
39. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command "go hang yourself."
40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot
41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair
42. The average person laughs 13 times a day
43. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are:Mizaru(See no evil), Mikazaru(Hear no evil), and Mazaru(Speak no evil)
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog
46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump
47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound
48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death
49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!